Banner Left Image Credit:#WOCinTECHChat
Natural, Safe & Effective Birth Control
Maximizing Getting Pregnant Faster & Naturally
Taking Back Control of Your Cycles
Why Use FAM?
FAM is NOT the rhythm method our grandmothers used!
The rhythm method predicts when a female will ovulate and therefore is ineffective. However with FAM, you observe and chart 2 primary signs of fertility which allow you to determine on a day to day basis if you are fertile or not. When your fertile wave begins, you can choose as a couple whether to abstain from intercourse or to use a barrier method to prevent pregnancy.*
The fertile wave lasts from 7-12 days generally. That leaves over half of your cycle open for barrier free intercourse without risk of getting pregnant!
FAM is a highly accurate and effective method of natural birth control when the 4 FAM rules are charted and followed in each cycle. FAM is over 99% effective when used correctly, meaning it is as effective as oral contraceptives. FAM is based on the observation and charting of scientifically proven fertility signs that determine whether or not a woman is fertile (capable of getting pregnant) on any given day.
Oh, but there's so much more!
When you take a FAM workshop, you're not just learning a natural birth control method, you're also learning information that has empowered individuals around the world!
Fertility awareness education teaches what is normal down there and how to tune into any problematic changes with hormonal and gynecological health.
Having gained that education and awareness about yourself, you can take back control of your health!
How is that possible? Well, if you are charting then you are paying attention to your body on a regular basis. You can know sooner, rather than later, if things are happening that are not normal for you. Depending on the type of issue, you'll know whether to seek health advice immediately due to abnormal symptoms or you'll know if your body is just asking for some more TLC in your next cycle.
Pros and Cons of FAM for Birth Control
The Fertility Awareness Method (FAM), as a natural birth control, has pros and it has cons (as does any form of contraceptive). Take a look at the pros and cons below.
You may benefit from FAM if you…
1. Dislike taking medicine because you are more inclined to a natural lifestyle
2. Suffer from side-effects when using hormonal birth control
3. Want to take back control of your health by ditching The Pill (i.e. any hormonal contraceptive) and finally start the path to feeling phenomenal
4. Have a long-term partner who wants to share responsibility and communication of birth control
5. Want a no cost birth control (beyond initial learning fee, FAM is cost free)
6. Have been trying to conceive anywhere from as little as 2 months or longer than 1 year--it's never too early or too late to start charting!
7. Want to maximize chances of conception by targeting intercourse, IVI or IUI (Anyone welcome here)
8. Are ready to take a snapshot of your hormonal health to pinpoint and rule out fertility issues.